Specifications, Applications, & Benefits
||Perform accurate DC Hipot testing of cables, electrical switchgear, motors, generators, and protective equipment
|Features and benefits
- Field testing: This lightweight and rugged instrument delivers 40kV DC in the field with unmatched safety, accuracy, and ease of use.
- Safety:Safety features include instantaneous and thermal overload protection for operator and test object, shielded high voltage cable, solenoid operated discharge switch, and carefully designed grounding features.
- Accuracy:The high voltage is generated by a filtered doubler circuit, and precision metering measured off the high voltage output indicates the output voltage and leakage current on large easy-to-read digital meters. An analog meter is provided for reading the leakage current.
- Ease of use: With more than 35 years of manufacturing experience, Phenix Technologies makes instruments with well laid out panels that are intuitively easy to use, with large digital meters, convenient cable storage, and excellent instruction manuals. Setup time is minimal.
||110 to 120V, 5A, 50/60 Hz. (Please specify when placing order)
220 to 240V, 3A, 50/60 Hz. (Please specify when placing order)
||0 to 40kV DC
||Continuous capacitive charging: 20 mA
||3½ digit, accuracy 0.5% of full scale
||Very low ripple: <2% RMS at full output
||18.5"L X 10.5"W X 21.5"H (470 X 267 X 546)mm
||Net weight: 50 lbs (23 kg)
Shipping weight: 56 lbs (25 kg)
|Cables and documentation
- Input Line Cord, 7 ft.
- Return Cable, 20 ft.
- High Voltage Cable, 20 ft.
- Ground Cable, 20 ft.
- Calibration Certificate
- Operation/Maintenance Manual, 2 copies
- Ground Stick: Model GS100-2 (100kV), or GS160-2 (160kV). 2-piece design with a 25 ft. Ground Lead
- Discharge Stick: Model DS100-2 (100kV, 100kΩ, 50kJ). 2-piece design with a 25 ft. Ground Lead
- Safety Foot Switch with 20 ft. lead
- Positive polarity output
- Custom cable lengths
- Calibration Certificate with data